Guide to travel recovery
As travelers return to the skies, safety and hygiene are now airlines’ primary focus. In May, the World Travel and Tourism Council (WTTC) published a set of safety protocols for the aviation sector, to help provide a coordinated approach to flying, that’s supported by medical evidence. To achieve true recovery, airports and airlines now need to understand travelers’ expectations in a COVID-19 world and implement new measures to restore confidence in travel.
Flight Traveler research: Key findings
- 71% of respondents said that an enhanced cleaning program during and between flights is a ‘very important’ factor that would influence them to book a flight.
- 69% of travelers surveyed said having hand sanitizer at baggage points is ‘very important’.
- 68% found social distancing to be a key measure to have in place in the airport. 66% also said social distancing was ‘very important’ on board a plane.
- 66% of travelers surveyed said that temperature checks are ‘very important’, both at the airport entrance, and before boarding.
- 64% said that fully flexible/refundable tickets are a ‘very important’ consideration.
The full report including hotels & car hire is available online.