ABTA launches Travel Insurance with COVID-19 Cover
ABTA – The Travel Association is announcing the launch of a new travel insurance product, ABTA Travel Sure.
ABTA Travel Sure will appeal to people with existing bookings or rescheduled holiday bookings to countries that are exempt from the Foreign and Commonwealth Office’s current advice against all but essential travel and require cover for COVID-19 medical expenses whilst on holiday.
Three different levels of cover are available across both Single Trip and Annual Multi Trip options. All cover levels are 5-star Defaqto rated.
- From £5m up to £10m medical expenses per person depending on level of cover
- Over 120 sports and activities covered as standard
- Cover benefits as standard that other insurance providers may not offer or charge an optional extra premium for, including cruise cover, terrorism, missed connections, airline and supplier failures and gadget cover
- Free access to a Travel Companion app, which includes a medical translator, hospital locator, emergency numbers, medical assistance and lots more
- Free access to online Doctor via Dr Please app
- No reduction on the value of claims for lost/stolen items because of wear and tear
- 24/7 emergency helplines
- UK based call centers for sales and customer services
- Straightforward, clear and easy to understand policy wording
Full details of the policy and cover can be found online at https://travelsure.abta.com, including additional inclusions and any limitations.